Indiebound Reader App
About The Indiebound Reader:
The IndieBound Reader™ app was created to give book lovers a choice to read ebooks while supporting their local, independent bookstores.
Download The Indiebound Reader App:
IndieBound Reader™ was been developed for Android and Apple iOS devices (ipad, iphone, ipod etc). However, booklovers - and independent bookstore lovers - have found ways to use IndieBound Reader™ on the Kindle Fire, Nook and other eReaders.
- Download the Indiebound reader to your preferred device.
Choose Your Local Bookstore: (Hint: Off The Beaten Path!)
- Upon launching the app, the welcome screen will prompt you to choose your indie bookstore.
- You can search for "Off The Beaten Path", "Steamboat Springs", or by our zipcode (80487).
- Once you've selected Off The Beaten Path as your preferred bookstore, the Indiebound App will default to buying and reading eBooks from our website.
- (Optional) To change this, you can always select the "Choose Another Bookstore" from the storefront page).
Buy eBooks Using Indiebound Reader
- Launch the Indiebound App on your device.
- You'll be prompted to log-in with your Google account.
- You will then be directed to Off The Beaten Path’s website, SteamboatBooks.com. There you can search, browse, and buy eBooks as usual. Your eBooks will automatically be saved to your IndieBound Library.
- If you have purchased eBooks on SteamboatBooks.com and would like to transfer them to your Indiebound app, go to SteamboatBooks.com.
- Visit the My Account page.
- Select the My eBooks tab.
- Here you will see all your purchased Google eBooks.
- Click the Download link to the right of any book to open in IndieBound Reader.
- You will be asked to link your Google account to IndieBound Reader in order to authorize your books.
- Sign in with the same account you used to purchase your Google eBooks on SteamboatBooks.com
- The book you’ve downloaded will automatically open into IndieBound Reader.
Reading your eBook on the Indiebound Reader App:
- Tap the Library button in the main toolbar of the Indiebound Reader.
- You can view your books by cover or as a list.
- The library can be sorted by author, title, or most recently read by tapping the "sort" buttons at the top of the screen. Tapping a title will open the book, and swipe left or right to turn the pages.
Bookmarks and notes:
- You can make bookmarks and take notes in the IndieBound Reader.
- When the screen is tapped, a title bar appears at the top with a Bookmark button to the right.
- When the Bookmark button is pressed, a Notes screen appears.
- Take a note on the page you have selected, or leave the field blank to bookmark the page.
- To bookmark or note a specific piece of text, press and hold on a word to select it, then drag the selection to encompass a range of text.
Deleting a Book:
- To delete a book from the Library, open the book, choose the Info screen, and press the Delete button.
- The info screen can also be accessed from the Library when in List view, by clicking the circular button to the right of any book.
- Additionally, the Edit button in the upper right-hand corner (with an image of a pencil) allows the customer to delete several books at once.
- Please note that the book will be deleted from the device, but not your Google Account. Any Google eBook can always be re-downloaded or accessed from the My eBooks page on your account at any participating indie bookstore’s website.
Changing Google Accounts
- To change Google Accounts, select the Info button from the Main Toolbar.
- On the Info Screen, press the Deauthorize button.
- This logs your Google Account out of the application entirely and deauthorizes any downloaded Google eBooks (note that this does not delete those books from your library).
- Press the Authorize button to log in and authorize the application as another user.