Instructions setting up Nook Color plus N2A Card
Important: these instructions only work with the Nook Color. The Nook Tablet will not accept the N2A card.
Charge your Nook before performing this setup.
Setting up your Nook with the N2A card:
- Turn off your Nook Color. Press and hold the power button on the side of the device until it shuts down.
- Insert the N2A card. On the back of the Nook Color, pull up on the grey metallic tab (labeled “nook”) over the hole. This exposes the slot for the N2A card. Insert the card, gold prongs down and inserted first. Push the card in until it clicks. Replace the metallic tab.
- Turn on your Nook Color. Press and hold the power button on the side of the device until the screen flashes, then release.
- It will take 3-5 minutes for the android operating system to load this first time. Be patient.
- Once the Android screen appears, follow these instructions to complete the setup.
- Tap the “Manage Apps” app on the Desktop (Home screen).
- Select the “All” tab at the top of the screen
- Scroll down the list and select (tap) “Google Services Framework.”
- Tap “Clear Data,” followed by “OK.”
- Tap the back arrow at the bottom of the screen and choose (tap) “Market” from the list.
- Tap“ Clear Data,” followed by “OK.”
- Press and hold the power button on the side of the device. Choose “Reboot.”
- When your Nook Color reboots it is ready to use as a Google Android device.
- If you want to restart the device in its native Nook configuration, turn it fully off, press and hold the power button on the side of the device until the screen flashes, then follow the directions on screen to have it start in Nook mode.
How to buy and read a Google eBook from Off the Beaten Path:
- Look for the IndieBound Reader App on your home screen.
- If the App isn’t present, tap the Android Market App.
- Type “indiebound” in the search box. The Android Market will find the IndieReader App.
- Install the Indiebound Reader App. It is free.
- When it has installed (it will take 1-2 minutes) continue with the following directions.
- Tap the IndieBound Reader App to start it.
- When the App loads, it will ask you to select the Independent Bookstore from whom you want to purchase your eBooks.
- If you want, as we hope, to select Off the Beaten Path, enter the zip code 80477.
- Off the Beaten Path will be the first of the Bookstores listed. Tap it to select it.
- Now tap the Get Books tab at the bottom of the screen. This will take you to the Off the Beaten Path online bookstore. There you can browse or search for eBooks. Add any you want to your cart.
- When you are ready to Checkout, you will be asked for your account. If you don’t have one, we recommend signing in with your Google (gmail) account. If you don’t have a gmail account, the App will lead you through creating one. One time, and one time only, you have to either create or link your Google account to the Off the Beaten Path Bookstore.
- Enter your credit card information and address. This is also something you will have to do just one time.
- Complete your purchase.
- Now tap the Get Books tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Download My eBooks link.
- Your “My Google eBooks” page will now load, showing all of the eBooks you have purchased.
- Tap the “Download ePub” option next to the book you want to read.
- The book will download and open automatically, ready to read.
- To read the book:
- Tap either side of the page to go forward and back.
- Tap the center of the page and you will have the option to go back to your Library of eBooks, see the table of contents, create or go to a bookmark, or change the settings of your reader.