We Recycle & YOU Can Make a Difference
NOW ACCEPTING USED BOOKS ANYTIME THE STORE IS OPEN!
Foster literacy for kids, create affordable book buying options, and support your local independent bookstore by bringing in your used books!
Bring in your gently used books for donation or store credit. Proceeds from donated book sales help underwrite scholarships for youth attend BookTrails. For more about BookTrails click HERE.
When can you bring in used books?Anytime the store is open!!!! We will ask for your contact information and how you want the proceeds of your books to be used (donation and/or store credit). We will then evaluate your books and get back to you within 48 hours with a donation or store credit receipt.
How Does it Work?
- Bring in your used books, boxed or bagged.
- Complete our OTBP ReCycles form, leaving your name, phone number and email address.
- In about a day, we will contact you with the results of our evaluation.
- For books we can sell, we will issue a charitable donation tax receipt, or store credit if requested.
- You can pick up books that don't qualify for credit; or donate them to us.
- Our credits are based on the expected retail value of the books. That retail value is derived from the books' desirability, current and historic market value, in-print price, book condition, and our current inventory level.
- Store credit is good for 60 days from the date of issue. Exclusions may apply.
If I am not interested in credit, can I just donate the books?
Absolutely!!! We will provide a charitable donation tax receipt. Your donation will help send a youngster to BookTrails, creating wonderful opportunities for Reading on Ranches!
What Types of Books Are We Looking For?
- Each book is judged on a case by case basis. We take those we believe will interest our customers. Books should be gently used and in good condition.
- We take:
- Paperbacks: Recent fiction and non-fiction
- Mass market paperbacks
- Hardbacks with original dust jacket
- Classic literature and poetry
- History and Current Events
- Environment and science
- Science fiction
- Mysteries, adult fiction, teen fiction, juvenile fiction
- Local interest books
We Regretfully Have To Reject:
- Business and travel books more than one year old.
- Books on cd or tape.
- Old computer books, textbooks, encyclopedias or maps.
- Books with writing or highlighting in the body of the book, torn covers, broken spines or water damage.
We Look Forward To Finding Your Books Their New Forever Home!