We Recycle Books & YOU Can Make a Difference
Bring your books between Tuesday to Friday, 9-5pm.
Foster literacy for kids, create affordable book buying options, and support your local independent bookstore by bringing in your used books!
Bring in your gently used books for donation or store credit. Proceeds from donated book credits help underwrite scholarships for youth attend BookTrails. More about Book Trails...
When can you bring in used books?
We are accepting used books from Tuesday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. We will ask for your contact information and how you want the proceeds of your books to be used (donation and/or store credit). We will then evaluate your books while you browse the store, and issue a credit on hand. Any used books that we cannot sell must be retrieved, as our small bookstore cannot store these books!
How Does it Work?
- Bring in your used books – limit 2 boxes/bags per person.
- Complete our OTBP Recycles form, leaving your name, phone number and email address.
- Browse the store or grab a coffee while our receiver evaluates you books.
- For books we can sell, we will issue a charitable donation tax receipt, or store credit if requested.
- You must take books that we cannot sell.
- Our credits are based on the expected retail value of the books. That retail value is derived from the books' desirability,
- current and historic market value, in-print price, book condition, and our current inventory level.
- Store credit is good for 90 days from the date of issue. Exclusions may apply.
If I am not interested in credit, can I just donate the books?
Absolutely! We will provide a charitable donation tax receipt. Your donation will help send a youngster to BookTrails, creating wonderful opportunities for Reading on Ranches! The types of books still applies to these donations – your credit from our sales will be donated.
What Types of Books Are We Looking For?
Each book is judged on a case by case basis. We take those we believe will interest our customers. Books should be gently used and in good condition.
- Paperbacks: Recent fiction and non-fiction
- Mass market paperbacks
- Hardbacks with original dust jacket
- Classic literature and poetry
- History and Current Events
- Environment and science
- Science fiction
- Mysteries, adult fiction, teen fiction, juvenile fiction
- Local interest books
We Regretfully Have To Reject:
- Business and travel books more than one year old.
- Books on cd or tape.
- Old computer books, textbooks, encyclopedias or maps.
- Books with writing or highlighting in the body of the book, torn covers, broken spines or water damage.
We Look Forward To Finding Your Books Their New Forever Home!