Drama High: The Fight (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Drama High series.
- #2: Drama High: Second Chance (Paperback): $9.95
- #3: Drama High: Jayd's Legacy (Paperback): $15.00
- #4: Drama High: Frenemies (Paperback): $15.00
- #5: Drama High: Lady J (Paperback): $9.95
- #6: Drama High: Courtin' Jayd (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #7: Drama High: Hustlin' (Paperback): $15.00
- #8: Drama High: Keep It Movin' (Paperback): $9.95
- #9: Drama High: Holidaze (Paperback): $9.95
- #10: Drama High: Culture Clash (Paperback): $16.00
- #11: Drama High: Cold as Ice (Paperback): $15.00
- #12: Drama High: Pushin' (Paperback): $16.00
- #13: The Meltdown (Drama High (Prebound) #13) (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #14: Drama High: So, So Hood (Paperback): $15.00
- #16: No Mercy (Drama High #16) (Paperback): $9.95
- #17: Drama High, vol. 17: Sweet Dreams (Paperback): $9.95
- #18: Rogue (Drama High #18) (Paperback): $9.95
Brimming with the same spirited sense of style and magic as Disney's That's So Raven, Drama High introduces a fun, brazen new series featuring a young sistah who's learning that life in the `hood is nothing compared to life in high school . . .
Proudly hailing from Compton, USA, sixteen–year–old Jayd Jackson is no stranger to drive–by shootings or run–ins with the friendly neighborhood crackhead. Street–smart, book–smart, and life–smart, she's nobody's fool—least of all KJ's, the most popular and cutest basketball jock at South Bay High, aka Drama High. Yes, it's a fact, Jayd fell hard for his player ways for a time, but now that KJ's shown his true colors—dumping Jayd because she refused to give up the cookies—she's through with him and his game playing for good.
Jayd just wants to start her Junior year of high school drama free. But wanting ain't getting, especially at a place like Drama High, a predominately white high school in a wealthy part of Los Angeles, where Jayd and 30 other Compton kids get bussed to daily. Saying race relations aren't what they should be would be putting it mildly, and that's just the beginning of the drama. Jayd's first day back to school, KJ's new girlfriend, Trecee, steps to her wanting to fight. Egged on by Misty, Jayd's former best friend-turned–nemesis, Trecee wants to make Jayd understand that KJ is off limits—even if she has to do it with her fists. With the fight set for Friday, and the sistah drama at an all time high, Jayd is about to learn who's really got her back and more importantly, when she's got to watch it. But at least she can always count on Mama, and her mystical bag of tricks.
Drama High is a remarkably assured debut, and L. Divine is a tantalizing and refreshing new voice. Jayd and her bold, honest, and laugh–out–loud funny assessment of life, along with her quirky cast of friends, classmates, loves, her magical family and eccentric neighbors make for an irresistible, can't–put–it–down read.
About the Author
L. Divine holds a Master’s in African American Studies and Educational Psychology from UCLA, and served as a visiting scholar at UCLA’s Center for the Study of Women. She currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with her daughter and son.