Percy Jackson and the Olympians The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson & the Olympians) (Paperback)
- Has sold millions of copies worldwide
- Is a classroom staple
- Has been on the New York Times best-seller list for more than ten years
- Has been adapted into two feature films, a Broadway musical, and soon, a television series on Disney+
- Makes Greek mythology relevant to modern readers with humor, relatable characters, and fast-paced action
- Can be enjoyed by readers ages 8-80
Series creator Rick Riordan joins forces with three of the biggest names in the comic book industry to tell the story of a boy who must unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves. It's the perfect introduction to the series and to Greek mythology.
About the Author
Robert Venditti (www.robertvenditti.com) is the creator and author of The Surrogates and its prequel, The Surrogates: Flesh and Bone. In addition to creating comics, he works at Top Shelf Productions. He lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
Attila Futaki (pencils and inks) has illustrated Sprial (Editions Carabas, June 2008) and the forthcoming The Strange Folks (2010), as well as a number of book covers and interiors. He studied at the International School of Comics in Florence. He lives in Budapest, Hungary.
Jose Villarrubia (coloring) is an Eisner Award-nominated colorist who has worked for every major comic book publisher. Coloring work includes Young X-Men, Crossing Midnight, and Halo Uprising. Additionally, he is an art professor at the Maryland Institute College of Art. He lives in Baltimore, Maryland.