Caribbean Vegan: Plant-Based, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Authentic Island Cuisine for Every Occasion (Paperback)
Spice up your life with over 200 authentic Caribbean recipes—veganized!
Welcome to the Caribbean, home to an incredibly rich cooking tradition. Here, African, French, Asian, and Spanish influences combine with the local flavors of Barbados, Saint Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, and more. You’ll discover:
- Sweet and Savory Breakfasts: Cassava Pancakes, Herbed Sada Roti
- Traditional Mains: Jerk “Sausages,” Pelau, Trinidadian Doubles
- Smoothies and Nourishing Bowls: Bajan Booster Shake, Papaya Chia Smoothie Bowl, Caribbean Macro Bowl
- Modern Delights: Rasta Pasta, Plantain Wellington, Caribbean Sushi
- Teas and Sweet and Savory Treats: Moringa Bread, Lemongrass Agave
- Tisane, Sweetened Hibiscus Tea, Ginger-Kissed Jam-Filled Beignets
- Plus Drinks and Cocktails, Desserts, and everything in between!
About the Author
Taymer Mason grew up in a family of cooks who taught her to make—and love!—traditional Caribbean cuisine. She went vegan while at the University of the West Indies, and, after graduating, moved to France where she started veganizing old West Indian favorites. Mason has run a gourmet catering company and started her own line of health and beauty products. A bilingual globe trotter, Mason lives in Europe.
One of Amazon’s Best Books of the Month in Cookbooks, Food & Wine
“Covering Bajan, Jamaican, Trinidadian, Creole, and other cuisines, the patties, pies, and rice dishes here make this collection stand out from other Caribbean-inspired cookbooks. Mason also includes a section on how to make alternative, gluten-free flours.”—Library Journal, starred review
“Seriously mouthwatering food from the islands!”—Post Punk Kitchen
“Mason’s herbaceous sauces, savory dry rubs, and piquant spices have elevated our everyday ingredients into unforgettable, island-inspired dishes.”—Veg News
“Get a chance to explore these island flavors for the price of a book instead of a plane ticket—and bring the carnival to the kitchen and the sunshine to your taste buds. A compendium of Caribbean dishes reflecting a diverse range of ethnic influences, ideas, and inspirations, this book appeals to current food trends and lifestyle choices, and is for those embracing a plant based and cruelty-free diet. Great book!”—Chef Jason Howard, pioneer of modern Caribbean cuisine and MasterChef: The Professionals quarterfinalist