Moon Iceland: With a Road Trip on the Ring Road (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Breathtaking landscapes, unrivaled trekking, and the creative spirit of Reykjavík: experience it all with Moon Iceland. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from a three-day tour of the best of Reykjavík to a nine-day road trip on the famed Ring Road, designed for outdoor adventurers, culture and history buffs, wildlife lovers, and more
- Unique experiences and can't-miss highlights: Drive past quaint towns and enormous fjords, hike through Iceland's majestic national parks, and bask in the shimmering glow of the northern lights. Stroll Reykjavík's busy streets, listen to up-and-coming bands at uniquely themed venues, and kick back with a handcrafted Icelandic beer at a local hangout
- The top outdoor activities: Search for seals, whales, and porpoises off the Icelandic coast or spot arctic wildlife like puffins and reindeer onshore. Trek across a mighty glacier, hike the rim of a remote volcano, and relax in the milky blue waters of the Blue Lagoon. Explore crystalline ice caves and mineral-rich lava tubes or catch a rainbow appearing over a thundering waterfall
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Honest advice from local author Jenna Gottlieb on where to eat, where to stay, and when to go, including insight on traveling during the winter
- Handy tools including an Icelandic phrasebook and critical background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
Country-hopping in Scandinavia? Check out Moon Norway. Heading on to continental Europe? Try Moon Barcelona & Madrid or Moon Rome, Florence & Venice.
About the Author
Originally from New York City, Jenna Gottlieb fell in love with Iceland in 2006 on a spur of the moment getaway. During that trip, there were many firsts: her first time riding a horse, walking behind a waterfall, and being served dishes like singed sheep's head and sour ram testicles. She survived and continued to return, permanently relocating to Iceland in 2012.
While researching and writing this book, Jenna discovered new favorites and revisited old haunts. Her favorite experiences in Iceland include puffin watching, hiking in the north, and spending as much time in the West Fjords as possible.
A freelance writer specializing in travel, business, and lifestyle, Jenna has contributed to the Associated Press, CNN Travel, the Independent, New York Post, andthe Reykjavik Grapevine, among others. You can see some of her published work at jennagottlieb.com.