Manipulation: A Psychologist's Guide to Detect Emotional Manipulation, Spot Mind Control Tricks of Influence & Persuasion Tactics to (Paperback)
Do you often get taken advantage of? Tired of being a "pushover" & always vulnerable to those with bad intentions?
The truth is...
Almost all of us will suffer at the hands of manipulative people at some stage in life. Whether it's overt intimidation & bullying in the workplace or more subtle covert manipulation within a relationship. It's much more prevalent than you think. But most people aren't aware enough to pick up on these tendencies or strong enough to do anything about it when they do spot them.
But the key is learning these manipulation tactics & arming yourself with the influence & persuasion ability to defend against them.
Katherine Chambers is an Ex -Stanford Psychologist who specializes in all forms of neuroscientific & psychotherapy subjects. However, it wasn't until she left college life & entered the "real world" did she start to understand these theoretical topics in a practical sense. Over the past 15 years, she has built a multi-six figure consulting business and a family of her own. But has gone through more than her fair share of manipulative relationships along the way.
In this insightful and functional book, you will discover:
- How to spot covert manipulation occurring in your life
- Understand WHY these people are doing what they are doing
- How to identify the early warning signs that you're being taken advantage of
- The practical persuasion & influence techniques to defend against it
- How to master the mechanics of verbal & non-verbal communication
- Strategies to deal with manipulation in any relationship
- Tips to raise your overall confidence & self-esteem to immunize your future self
... and much more.
Manipulation is a mixture of theoretical principles combined with real-life practical advice on how to spot & stop manipulative behavior. The introspective emotional assessment techniques along with the external observation tools will help you with every interaction you'll have. Even if you're a naturally "soft" person.