A Word Of Gratitude
April 26, 2020: A word of gratitude.
During these last weeks, we have been overwhelmed by the generosity and support of our community for Off the Beaten Path. Your contributions to our GoFundMe campaign, your orders on our website, and your words on our Facebook page, reaffirm our decision years ago to keep an independent bookstore part of the Yampa Valley.
During the coming weeks, you are going to see some changes at Off the Beaten Path. Some of these were changes we committed to make before Covid-19:
- a new espresso machine to serve you new and better coffee;
- a new App to order coffee and pastries from your phone – “Joe” (text “coffee” to 474747 to download the App);
- a brighter store;
- an updated and easier to use website (www.steamboatbooks.com);
- a new Membership benefit – a free shipping option when ordering books online.
Others are the direct result of Covid-19:
- there will be fewer books and gifts in the store and more often than usual, and more often than we would like, we will have to order books for you;
- our hours of operation may be limited;
- and there will be fewer of us serving you.
The survival of our bookstore and coffeehouse pales in comparison to the health and well-being of our employees, customers and friends, but there should be no doubt that the survival of Off the Beaten Path – just like many of our business district neighbors – is at grave risk. No matter what may come, when we serve you, whether it be a latte or a book, we will strive to do so with grace, with your safety and good health foremost in our minds, and with determination to be here for the long haul.
Ron and Sue Krall