We Recycle Gently Used Books
WE WANT YOUR USED BOOKS!
To-be-read pile getting out of hand? Need to free up some space on your bookshelf? Bring your books to us so we can give them loving new homes!
WHEN CAN YOU BRING IN USED BOOKS?
We accept books between the hours of 10am - 4pm Wednesdays and Fridays. We will go through your books at the time of drop-off to see if there are any books that we will not take due to damage, or if there are titles that don't work for us. We will notify you when they have been processed and your used book credit is ready for pick up.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Bring in your used books – limit 2 small bags or boxes per person.
- Fill out our Used Books form with your name, number, and whether you would like to keep your credit or donate it the the bookstore's charity of choice.
- For books we deem saleable, we will issue a store credit upon processing your books OR a charitable tax donation form if you choose to donate your titles.
- Books that our staff deem to be in un-sellable condition must be taken with you. We will NOT process books that are dropped off outside of our acceptance hours, or dropped off without talking to a staff member first.
- Our credits are based on the expected retail value of the books. That retail value is derived from the books’ desirability, current and historic market value, in-print price, book condition, and our current inventory level.
- Store credit is good for 90 days from the date of issue. Exclusions may apply.
IF I AM NOT INTERESTED IN CREDIT, CAN I JUST DONATE THE BOOKS?
Absolutely! We will provide a charitable donation tax receipt. Your donation will benefit our booksellers through The Book Industry Charitable Foundation (BINC). To learn more, visit their website.
WHAT TYPES OF BOOKS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Each book is judged on a case-by-case basis. We take those we believe will interest our customers. Books must be in good condition.
- Paperbacks: Recent fiction and non-fiction
- Hardcovers with original dust jacket
- Classic literature and poetry
- Children’s books
- Local interest books
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Business and travel books more than one year old.
- Mass Market Paperbacks.
- Books on cd or tape.
- Outdated computer books, textbooks, encyclopedias, or maps.
- Books with writing or highlighting in the body of the book, torn covers, broken spines, or water damage.
We look forward to finding your books their new forever home!