Oppositional Defiant Disorder: The Best Behaviour Management Strategies for Children with cases of ODD that Could Lead to Psychopathy - Stop Temper T (Paperback)
Do your child's outbursts of anger, power struggles, blackmail and rebellion prevent your family from living a simple peaceful day?
Does it constantly DISTURB your day, thinking that at any moment you might get a call from your child's school telling you that your child has intentionally caused damage again?
Have the various strategies you have always used in an attempt to resolve the situation FAILED?
Oppositional defiant disorder is a behavioural disorder that occurs in children of school or preschool age, and is characterised by anger, irritability, revenge and aversion behaviour, that frequently manifests in your child for a period of at least six months.
Very often, it is highlighted by conditions that imply problems relating to emotional self-control. In these disorders, the problems encountered are expressed through the abuse of the rights of others, such as in the case of aggression, destruction of property, or in which the person displays a sharp contrast in behaviour to social norms or a negative reaction to authority figures.
School teachers find themselves unprepared when facing these types of issues, and they know that the subject they teach will suffer while they disregard the basic tenets of psychology and pedagogy.
If not resolved in time, these problems cause impairment in social adaptation and social functionality, increasing the risk of anxiety disorders, depressive disorders and leading to potentially serious consequences that could otherwise, with the right techniques, be avoided.
In fact, more and more parents and educators are turning to methods proven by psychologists, methods based on specific cases, becoming experts and abandoning old methods that have perpetually proved to be ineffective.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN FROM THIS BOOK:
- You will learn what ODD is and gain an insight into the likelihood of your child being affected by this disorder as opposed to others, such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or Conduct Disorder (CD).
- You will gain an insight into the causes of ODD and learn how to draw up an action plan.
- You will learn about different mental modes of children and brain development.
- Winning strategies to manage the anger crisis and regain control.
- School strategies and how to avoid marginalisation or isolation from classmates.
- How to talk to your child, and be assured that he or she is listening.
- How to educate a child who has been overindulged.
- How to build a healthy relationship and define boundaries.
- You will gain insights from case studies of people in the same situation as yourself.
Your son or daughter IS NOT A MONSTER. These children/teenagers often SUFFER TERRIBLY and sometimes express their discomfort in ways we do not understand.
Reading this book tomorrow you will not magically solve all your child's problems, BUT I GUARANTEE that if you read and reread each chapter carefully, ABSORB all the tips and APPLY the techniques provided by this manual, then you will be well on the way to rebuilding a healthy relationship with your son or daughter, and increasing the chances of a brighter future for you both.